Last Updated: October 27, 2016
This policy applies to information we collect on sites owned or controlled by WWSI. We may link to other websites over which we have no control. WWSI is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other websites. You may wish to review the privacy policies of those sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you when you use our sites. For example, depending on the services you use, we may collect:
- Your name
- Contact information such as address, email address, telephone number
- Information about your education, occupation, skills and experience, awards, memberships and affiliations, activities and interests
- Information imported by you or your connections from third party applications
- Information about third parties, such as references or contacts, that you provide to us if you have their express written consent to do so
- Your preferences, occupation, career history, interests and favorites
- Your age, gender, if permitted by local law and you choose to provide it
We automatically collect information about you depending on how you use our sites, the areas of our site that you visit, as well as information about your computer or mobile device including your IP address, device ID, physical location, browser and operating system type, and referring URLs. This information is necessary for providing personalized and location-based content as well as for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services. We may combine this information with information in your account to help prevent fraud.
If you choose to login with Facebook, we import the information that you choose to share with us by logging into that platform or site, and we make it part of your profile. Because WWSI sites are intended to allow you to share your information and to allow others to find you, we make certain information about you available within our sites.
WWSI MAY MONITOR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS
At our discretion, we, or technology we employ, may monitor and/or record your interactions with the Site or Service.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide our services, respond to you, operate and improve our sites, and foster a positive user experience. Our services include providing an online platform that connects Clients with Advisors to communicate and transact.
By registering with WWSI, by managing your profile, or by opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information in the following ways:
- to post your profile based on information that you have provided to us, information imported from other sites or applications, or information provided to us by third parties;
- to provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties;
- to allow you to contact other users or to invite others to join or create and account;
- to contact you about feature updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
- to provide you with additional communications, information, and promotions;
- to inform you of other products or services available from WWSI or its affiliates;
- to enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you to conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
- to help your friends, contacts, and potential employers find your profile or postings/listings and connect with you;
- to provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employer customers;
- to provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare profiles;
- to generate internal reports about the use of our sites;
- to allow you to share jobs and profile information with your connections;
- to give search engines access to public information;
- to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
- to make suggestions and draw inferences about you. For example, we may make suggestions about people you may know or additional jobs, products or services that might be of interest to you.
Some of our products and services, such as our searchable listing and profile database and networking, enable third parties to see your personal information and to contact you. Profile and posting/listing information may be used for networking with other community members or may be visible to Clients who are using WWSI sites.
Information you post on WWSI may be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence. While WWSI takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use, WWSI does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you give to us. Accordingly, you should not post sensitive information, or any other information you would not want made public, to any WWSI site.
We use data we have about you to determine whether you might be interested in listings, products or services of a particular third party. We show you targeted ads on our sites or other sites with which we have a business relationship. These ads are targeted based on information we collect about you and information about you we acquire from third parties.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
One of our primary purposes is to provide you with a platform to broadcast the information in your postings/listings and profile widely in order to maximize your business prospects. We do not share information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure. We disclose your information as set forth below:
1. We share your information with third parties who help deliver our services to you. Examples include hosting our web servers, including database storage, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. These companies will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose.
2. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent. For example:
you opt in to receive information about the opportunities, products, or
services of third parties, we supply your contact information to those third
parties so they may contact you;
(b) if you previously chose to receive newsletters, commercial e-mails or other communications from WWSI or third parties, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt out in those emails or by editing your account profile as described above.
We also share aggregated information (including location data) about WWSI site visitors with third parties to serve advertisements to you on our sites or other sites with which we have a business relationship. We may also aggregate data regarding job qualifications, schooling, age, experience level or other information relevant to the job search. This aggregated data does not identify users individually, and may be made available to clients, advisors or community members.
3. We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith – after considering your privacy interests and other factors – that such action is necessary to: (a) meet legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
4. We may disclose and transfer information to a third party who acquires any or all of WWSI’s business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event WWSI becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, such information will be disposed of in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the site.
HOW WE STORE INFORMATION
We retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make repeat use of our sites more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal data as described below. You may access, review, correct, update, change or delete your profile or postings/listings at any time. Log into your account, go to your profile or posting/listing and make the desired changes.
Access to or correction, update, or deletion of your personal information may be denied or limited by WWSI if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you delete or close your account or account profile information altogether, you must do so on our Site. The archival copy is retained only for as long as needed for audit and record purposes. We will also keep logs and information that may relate to your activity on the site.
We will respond to information access requests without undue delay of receipt and in any event within 30 days. If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within 30 days and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law.
If you are an Advisor and have not logged onto WWSI for an extended period, we may make your profile unsearchable. Separately, if you do not log into your account for a significant period of time, it may expire and be scheduled for deletion. Expired accounts are deleted on a periodic basis. Our current expiration period is approximately 36 months; we may extend or reduce this period in order to adjust to changing business patterns. If we change the period, we will update this notice. You will always receive an email from us before we delete your profile in this manner.
You are responsible for keeping your username and password secret.
WWSI takes appropriate measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes.
WWSI is not intended for, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of majority (18).
WWSI endeavors to comply with applicable law for the international transfer of your personal information.
DATA STORAGE AND PROCESSING
Your data is submitted to WWSI and is hosted and stored in a database on servers situated at our 3rd party provider. WWSI is the legal entity determining the purposes and means of processing the information gathered on WWSI sites and is the data controller of all data stored in the WWSI database.
Cookies: WWSI uses “cookies” to help personalize and maximize your online experience, including for storing user preferences, improving search results and ad selection, and tracking user trends. A cookie is a text file stored on your computer. Cookies store bits of information that we use to help make our site work. They can’t run any code and don’t contain viruses. No one can read our cookies except us.
- Security: These cookies allow us to secure access to your account.
- Preference: These cookies are used to store your preferences like language choice and display of job search results.
- Analytics: We track traffic patterns so we can identify popular content and potential problems.
- Advertising: We use non-identifiable information about you to show you advertising.
Some cookies will remain on your computer after you have left our site. We may also allow other companies to display advertisements to you while you are using our sites. Because your web browser must request these advertisements from the other companies’ servers, these companies can view, edit or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. WWSI has no control over, and is not responsible for, the practices of those third party advertisers. The data stored in these cookies is anonymous and the information is not linked to your personally identifiable information without your permission. The cookies placed by our third party ad servers may remain on your computer after you have left our site for many years unless you choose to delete them.
WWSI may use third parties to help provide analytics services and to serve advertisements. You can opt out of third party cookies by setting your browser to decline cookies. Otherwise, if you do not wish to allow your session visitation information on our sites to be aggregated and analyzed by third parties to tailor dynamic content to your specific interests, you may utilize the following opt out mechanism.
Please note if you delete your browser cookies, your opt-out cookie will also be deleted. Additionally, if you change computers or web browsers, you will need to opt out again.